The Unofficial Shopify Podcast
Your Shopify Unite 2019 Recap
Everything announced at Shopify Unite 2019, and what it means for your store.
Last week Shopify announced their most ambitious features to date at the fourth annual Shopify Unite partner conference. Paul and I attended, and break it down for you here.
- How Shopify is going after Amazon
- Why it's going to be easier than ever to manage your store
- And why Shopify is now the entrepreneurship operating system
Kurt's Unite Notes
What's new on Shopify? These are the notes I took during the Shopify Unite keynote:
- Site-wide sections
- Apps can add sections
- Product pages have parent and child templates
- Content portability: all content lives outside theme, simplifying theme changes
- Native video & 3-D support on product pages
- Check-out app extensions for native integrations of things like subscriptions
- Multi-currency checkout rolling out to all merchants
- Multi-language API for native localized content
- Tap & chip case for mobile orders. Apple store like experience. Printed with a custom logo.
- Cart extension apps.
- Entirely redesigned POS interface
- Native “buy online pick up in store”
- New “shipping profiles” to assign product-specific shipping rules.
- Order editing!!!
- All new interface: centralized view of multiple stores
- Multistore dashboard for customers, orders, Flow automation, etc
- Future: cloning & store sync
- Multi-store staff managed in one place
- Command line interface tool to make dev easier
- Shopify App Bridge: one library to rule them all, and create more embedded apps
- GraphQL improvements mean faster apps
- More stable apps because of API versioning. (Keeps apps from breaking when the API changes.)
Shopify Fulfillment Network:
- 2 days to deliver
- 99.9% order accuracy
- Multichannel support
- Custom packaging & branding
- Returns/exchange support
- Now: Merchants of every size. (10-10,000 orders/day)
- Later: Merchants of every size. (3-30,000 orders/day)
- Beta complete, apply for early access at shopify.com/fulfillment
When: Most updates had a timeline of "Available later this year"
Never miss an episode
Help the show
What's Kurt up to?